Michael Buble's How Can You mend a Broken Heart?

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Autism leaving you speechless?

What does Autism Look like?  Can you simply look at a child and say with certaintly that he has autism or aspergers'?  Well I am beginning to see a side of Autism and Aspergers that would probably suprise you....pure brilliance!  Just two of the wonderful kids we have had the pleasure to learn of in recent months are Picasso and Michaelangelo of 2011.  They are on the "spectrum," yet the spectrum they have to show us is nothing like your imagination has probably pondered. Autism and Artist!  Now, who's the one who's speechless?  Right now, it's me.  When I see the beauty and sheer genius of these kids, I am blown away and every bit of presumption I ever had is out the window.  What do I know anyway?  The first two exhibits were created by the Picassco of McAllen, Anthony Rivera.  So, tell me again what does autism look like?  I encourage parents to get iPads and AAC devices to the extent speech language pathologists feel one/both devices are appropriate for their kids.  These kids are very visual and I can relate but not to this degree.  We hope to help these kids reach the stars!  Rick Carter will be riding a bike 60 miles through San Antone and end up at an exhibit for Anthony near the Alamo!  I think you aren't likely to be forgetting the Alamo after seeing this kids' work! 

 


While we miss Grant being Atty4kids' Autism Spokesman, we know that he's speaking a bit louder with the help of major sponsors and we are thrilled to see these kids succeed when you all thought they couldn't!  You haven't seen anything yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment